Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baking Queen!

It is Christmas time and I am getting all set up for it. I have the tree up and decorated and stockings hung! Besides decorating for the holidays I love  baking.

So just because I am on diet doesn't mean I can't do a little baking!! I was skeptical to start a diet during the holidays but I seem to be doing okay so far. I baked some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies the other day and did very well in not eating all of them. I did eat a couple though, but I am okay with that. I figured it couldn't hurt for me eat at least two. =)






                                             

Tonight I tried a recipe from Pinterest for dog cookies. I think they turned out well. Carly ate them so the must great right!! They are peanut butter dog cookies. Four easy ingredients and tada....dog cookies.


I also attempted a recipe for Ideal Protein friendly oatmeal cookies. They actually taste good! I cheated a little since I didn't have Ideal Protein oatmeal, I used Better Oats 100 calories oatmeal. The nutrition information was similar to the IP oatmeal. That is my favorite oatmeal out there. The only wet ingredients was the 1 teaspoon of vanilla and about 2/4 of a cup of water. It only made 7 cookies, but that is enough for me for tonight and tomorrow. They are super moist and tasty. Now they don't taste like the oatmeal cookies that I normally bake or that you can get in the store, but what do you expect for healthy, low fat, low sugar kind of cookies. I would definitely make these again.

I think that's it for today, but do plan on baking more in the upcoming days. I always bake cookies for Christmas and I don't plan on stopping that now!








Carly taste testing her peanut butter cookies







No comments:

Post a Comment